Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DIALOG process and sketches




My first iteration for the dialog project. I wanted to follow along with the same idea from the unity project and keep the cube look. I also used the same folding techniques from the unity also. This model didn't work because the cube in the center created too many space and I couldn't find a way to attach it to the rest of the model.


Another view from my first iteration. Another problem was the way the skewers were placed. It wasn't clean or well crafted.


The second model turned out a lot better than the first. I found a way for the skewers to be attached and it still look clean.I glued the skewers to the outside of the outer part. Another thing I did was instead of having a cube in the middle I used the cards just flat and put them together so they had some space in the center creating a cube. I also used the skewers on the inner part to show the dialog and have that art connecting to the rest. I wasn't sure about lining all 4 in a row.


Other views from my second model.

No comments: