Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Process for A place for a Leaf

Above are sketches from when I was brainstorming on how to build my first model.
























My first attempt to build a place for leaf wasn't abstract. It didn't work because it was too much. So I decided to simplify it for my final.
























My place for a leaf was a working progress. But I figured through each step the more simplified the better. I had a tear in my leaf so I used a piece a paper to come through it and wrap around the backdrop forming its base. I chose black as the background paper behind my leaf because it made my leaf natural color pop the most. I also chose yellow for the three-dimensional/base paper because my leaf was yellow but as it aged it turned brown but if you look closely there are a few splotches of yellow still visible. The yellow paper also contrasted nicely with the leaf.

No comments: