Tuesday, September 16, 2008

>>>Process for TWIG PROJECT.


Wow i cant believe that's what I actually started out with. This was my first sketch model. The shape was very uneven and I still didn't know how I was going to incorporate my twigs. My idea was to use paper clips as my binding agent.

My third iteration, we had a critique and this is what I brought in along with my new precedent. This model didn't work because of the way I used the paper clips and my twigs were too small compared to the size of the container. During this critique I came up with my final idea for my project, to do something similar to a Ferris wheel.

My attempt on building the Ferris wheel didn't turn out to well. There were problems with the shape of the container and I couldn't figure out a way for the paper clips to hold the twigs in their positions so I decided to be make my project more abstract and use the paper clips a different way.

The more abstract model turned out better than I expected. It wasn't a Ferris Wheel but resembled one. I used red, green and yellow because they were the colors used in my precedent and looked good showing a pattern form. After this model the more I looked at it, I questioned the use of color. I thought the color was a little too much.



1 comment:

uncg interior architecture said...

This is awesome process work, and is a great place to start when beginning a project. Just spew all your ideas and thoughts onto the paper: little doodles, sketches, questions, notes... put it all down there. Then you will have a palette of ideas and concepts from which to work later. The more of this you do, the stronger your project will be. Great job!